What we’re building at HomeLight is personal to me. It’s personal to those on the team who’ve experienced letdowns in real estate. It’s personal to the over 5 million people who sell a home in any given year. And if you’re one of the 75% of non-homeowners who see homeownership as part of the American Dream — it’s personal to you.
- Rather than hire the most objectively qualified agent for their needs, 4 out of 5 sellers hire one of the first two agents they happen to meet.
- On average it takes 69 days, or over two months, to sell a home.
- On average it takes 42 days to close on a loan.
- 20% of recent settlements were delayed while 4% were cancelled altogether between April and June of 2019. 35% of those delays were caused by issues related to buyer financing. That’s 2.1 million home buyers and sellers impacted every year with the process completely failing for nearly 800,000 of them.
- Between market prep, taxes, fees, and commissions, it costs nearly $21,000 to sell a home in 2019.
- Buyers pay 2%-5% in closing costs, including lender fees which are typically 1%-3% of the loan’s value on a conventional mortgage. Read rest here.